Immigration is a very difficult area of law in which even the senior judges in this country struggle to comprehend and therefore such cases should be handled by expert and competent legal advisors.
Being a layman, you approach solicitors who hold themselves to be experts and you therefore at the very least expect someone who you can trust to provide sound, honest and reliable advice and act in your best interest.
A solicitor may be negligent for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
- Providing incorrect and inaccurate legal advice
- Missing a deadline on a visa application or appeal
- Making serious drafting errors that prejudice your case
- Failure to advise you of your appeal rights
- Failure to advise you about judicial review
- Providing wrong advice on the right to work
- Providing wrong and misleading advice
- Failure to obtain crucial documents to support your case
- Failing to address all the issues in your case
- Visa application errors such as applying for a wrong visa
- Drafting errors in legal documents
If you feel you have been wronged and have suffered financial or other losses then you may have a case for professional negligence.
If however, you are worried about the costs of making such a claim, please note that we can work for you on a No Win No Fee Conditional Fee Agreement to fund your negligence claim. We offer a fixed fee to cover the costs of your initial meeting and case review so that from the outset you will know how much you will have to pay.
For further information, please contact our specialist team on 0208 551 221.